Test your knowledge of plastic trivia by deciding whether
the following statements are true or false. Then click on
your choice to see how plastic savvy you really are.
2. Charles Goodyear, an American inventor, was the first
person to discover the process of vulcanization.
1. Vulcanization is the process of combining sulfur or other
chemicals to create a stronger, more durable polymer.
3. The word "vulcanize" stems from an Egyptian hawk, the
Vulca, believed to prey on field mice found near rubber trees.
4. Perfect plasticity is a property of materials to undergo
large shear deformation without any increase of shear stress.
5. Polystyrene is a soft, easy to form plastic that is used for